Notable Biographies of Americans in the Passing of the Liberty Amendments
Read by young people from the Baha’i Faith Community
Sunday July 11th, 1:00-3:00 pm
First Baptist Church of Vienna, 450 Orchard St NW, Vienna, VA 22180
Come spend time with Lucretia Coffin Mott, Frederick Douglass, President Abraham Lincoln, Harriet Tubman, John Armor Bingham, Hiram Rhodes Revels, Susan B. Anthony, Ida B. Wells, Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as they share their inspirational stories and life’s work in the fight for anti-slavery, equal rights, citizenship, and voting rights. Biographies read by local school children from the Baha’i Faith Community, with the purpose of educating, inspiring and developing compassion for the struggle that took place in the reach for
“Freedom and Justice for All”
Presentation will be outside, socially distanced, bring a picnic or enjoy the food trucks.
Come with a homemade posters or dressed as a suffragist or ERA supporter
This program is part of a larger Suffrage Rally celebrating the Passing of the 19th Amendment. Other activities scheduled.
· Mayor Colbert’s Proclamation on the ERA
· Biographies of Notable Americans on the Passing of the Liberty Amendments
· Turning Point Memorial – A brief description of the newly dedicated memorial by the architect
· Girls Scout Troop 5689 suffrage play
· Parade across the stage with reenactors and audience participation.
· Displays of Biographies of Suffragists
· Suffrage banners and posters